Saturday, March 03, 2012

How I solved my on board LAN wasn't able to connect above 10 Mbps problem

Yesterday, while trying to use my laptop as a test runner to do performance test, it was only able to connect to the network at 10 Mbps even though the switch and my laptop both support 1 Gbps. All the other machines that were connected to the switch were connecting at 1 Gbps. I tried to do everything including restarting my computer but nothing help. The same laptop was able to connect at 1 Gbps to the switch a few week ago. My boss needed the performance numbers and I was at a lost on what to do. I Google around and landed on this page. The solution is quite simple.
  1. Turn off your computer
  2. Wait a few minutes
  3. Turn it back on
It does sound stupid but it worked like a charm. Don't you wish all computer problems can be solved this way? 

No comments: